Inland Rail, delivered by the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC), will provide a high-capacity freight link between Melbourne and Brisbane through regional Australia. This will connect our cities, farms and mines via ports to domestic and international markets.
The Australian Government has confirmed that the most complex 130km section between Gowrie and Kagaru (G2K) in Queensland will be delivered through a Public Private Partnership (PPP). An availability-based PPP approach will enable the program to leverage private sector expertise and innovation in the design, construction, finance and maintenance of the G2K.
TSA Advisory were appointed to provide transaction advisory services for the PPP through to financial close out. Key aspects of our role included:
- Preparation and management of procurement documentation, including registration of interest, expression of interest, request for proposal and evaluation documentation.
- Specialist PPP risk advisory services.
- Coordination of internal governance reviews and processes.
- Communications and stakeholder management, including communications and interactions with the market, interactive tender and clarification processes.
- Establishment and management of a virtual data room.
Kilometres of track from Brisbane to Melbourne.
carbon efficiencies gained by taking deliveries from road to rail
The length of the freight trains to use the future rail link