The largest single transport infrastructure project in New Zealand’s history, the City Rail Link is a 3.4km underground twin-tunnel rail link being constructed in Auckland, Tāmaki Makaurau. This $4.4 billion project will unlock the city’s public transport network by transforming the dead-ended Britomart Station into a two-way through station.
Two new stations – provisionally called Aotea and Karangahape Road – are being constructed and Mt Eden Station is being redeveloped and will rise to meet the existing Western Line. Once operational, the network will transform how Aucklanders travel around the city by doubling the rail capacity, reducing travel times, and easing congestion.
TSA Advisory (formerly Advisian CPA) was appointed by Te Manatū Waka Ministry of Transport and Auckland Council (Te Kaunihera o Tāmaki Makaurau) (the Sponsors) as the City Rail Link Ltd’s Sponsors’ Assurance Manager.
As the Assurance Manager, our role is to provide independent, informed advice to the Sponsors on whether the project can successfully deliver the approved scope and benefits within the approved time frame and budget, allowing our client to govern the project more effectively.
Our advice has provided the Sponsors with greater visibility and engagement across the project, which has led to a revised program governance arrangement.
Our scope includes:
- Highlighting risks, issues and other challenges to the delivery against approved time, cost, scope and benefits.
- Undertaking deep dive analysis into specific areas of concern for Sponsors.
- Providing oversight and analysis of any changes in scope.
- Monitoring compliance with the Project Delivery Agreement.
- Reviewing inter-project reporting and outputs and carrying out audits and reviews to satisfy the Sponsors of the adequacy and completeness.
- Performing any other function or service reasonably required by the Sponsors.
Find out more about TSA Advisory.
2 new stations