Marian College, and the Catholic Diocese of Christchurch selected a new home for the school on Lydia Street (off Northcote Road). Toll Logistics used this site prior to contractor handover as a distribution centre and it is located in proximity to St Joseph’s School, St. Bede’s College, and the new North Parish. The school will comprise the following:
- Reception & administration area – Including offices and meeting spaces for the senior leadership team
- Staff offices – Various small staff offices located around the school and one large staff room with associated kitchenette and cubbies
- Classrooms – 27 full-sized classrooms for various subjects, including textiles, art, science, math, food technology, digital technologies, religious education, English, language, social studies, music, PE and commerce. Plus, several smaller teaching spaces for learning support, distance learning and careers.
- Performing arts wing – including double-height black-box performance space, music and recording studios.
- Full-sized gymnasium – Including multiple changing rooms, weights room, gallery seating and storage.
- Learning centre – A library space suitable for multiple uses
- Chapel – For school congregation and religious gatherings
- Provision for a total of 33 classrooms (total) in the future