The Rod Laver Arena (RLA) Refurbishment project is one of three subprojects that make up Stage Two of the $338m Melbourne Park Redevelopment Project for the State Government of Victoria. The scope of the 3 year RLA Refurbishment project includes the following:
- Significant back-of-house improvements for artists and players;
- Accessible entrances to the seating bowl;
- A new grand eastern-facing primary entrance, including new food and beverage facilities and toilets;
- Expanded public concourse space
- Larger loading dock with greater rigging capacity, enabling the Arena to attract bigger and better shows to Melbourne.
TSA is responsible for coordinating the site based activities and construction work for a venue with State, National and International significance, undertaken within a high profile live environment with tasks including; management of planned disruptions to services, reviewing construction management plans & program reviews, and the coordination of precinct events, including the Australian Open and world class music and entertainment. The work is being delivered via a Design & Construct Managing Contractor Contract, split across a multiple Warranted Maximum Pricing structure.
people capacity stadium
people visit annually