Queen’s Wharf is a world-class integrated development within the heart of Brisbane CBD. In May 2012, the Premier of Queensland announced the QWB project, which provides a once in a generation opportunity for the private sector to master plan, redevelop and commercialise nine hectares of prime Brisbane central business district and riverfront development. To ensure the delivery of a world class tourism integrated resort development, the contract also included the opportunity to commercially operate the precinct through a 99-year lease and secure a perpetual casino license linked to the term of the lease.
TSA Advisory was engaged in mid-2013 to provide transaction management services through to conclusion in November 2015. The role involved the following key tasks:
- Development of a Transaction Definition Report
- Development of EOI and RFP documentation, including evaluation documentation
- Transaction management and interactive processes with the builder, operator and developer markets
- Facilitation of the evaluation processes, including sourcing inputs from specialist advisors and preparation of the Evaluation Report
- Facilitation of the clarification and Best and Final Offer processes including development of all relevant documentation
- Managing the conduct of Gateway Reviews
- Preparation of a benefits management plan and investment logic map
- Commercial negotiation process.
The successful contractor was appointed in late 2015. In November 2015 the Queensland Government confirmed it had reached contractual close on the $3 billion project with construction underway.