Queen’s Wharf is a world-class integrated development within the heart of Brisbane CBD. In May 2012, the Premier of Queensland announced the Queens Wharf Brisbane Project (QWB). The QWB provides a once in a generation opportunity for the private sector to master plan, redevelop and commercialise nine hectares of Brisbane’s prime CBD riverfront. The contract also included the opportunity to commercially operate the precinct through a 99-year lease and secure a perpetual casino license linked to the term of the lease. This will ensure tourism-integrated resort development in the riverfront.
TSA Advisory was engaged in mid-2013 to provide transaction management services for the Destination Brisbane Consortium (DBC) through to conclusion in November 2015. The role involved the following key tasks:
- Development of a transaction definition report.
- Development of expression of interest (EOI) and request for proposal (RFP) documentation, including evaluation documentation.
- Transaction management and interactive processes with the builder, operator and developer markets.
- Facilitation of the evaluation processes, including sourcing inputs from specialist advisors and preparation of the evaluation report.
- Facilitation of the clarification and the best and final offer processes, including the development of all relevant documentation.
- Managing the conduct of gateway reviews.
- Preparation of a benefits management plan and investment logic map.
- Commercial negotiation process.
The successful contractor was appointed in late 2015. In November 2015, the Queensland Government confirmed it had reached contractual close on the $3b project with construction underway.