The Goulburn Hospital & Health Service Redevelopment (GH&HS) involved an upgrade of Goulburn Hospital to provide improved capacity through fit-for-purpose infrastructure.
Prior to TSA’s engagement, Goulburn Health Service operated from three separate sites; Goulburn Base Hospital, Bourke Street Health Service and Kenmore Hospital. The redevelopment involved the consolidation of Goulburn Health Services to reduce its fragmentation across multiple sites.
TSA was engaged for the project initiation, feasibility development and schematic development as well as delivery. TSA was also engaged to carry out change management activities to drive the engagement with staff and consumers on new models of care. This involved stakeholder engagement and communications, consumer experience programs and clinical redesign training.
Construction on the AUD$150m project was completed in 2021, and has produced a fit-for-purpose four-storey acute clinical services facility that includes:
- A new main entry and hospital reception.
- A new emergency department.
- A new medical imaging department.
- A new intensive care unit.
- New operating theatres, day surgery, recovery and pre-admission areas.
- New medical, surgical, paediatric and geriatric inpatient wards with specific designated palliative care beds.
- A new maternity and birthing unit.
- A new pharmacy.
It will continue to deliver high-quality healthcare for the Goulburn region into the future.
Take a fly-through of the new hospital, or take a look at the project construction.
new Hospital Beds