TransGrid is partnering with ElectraNet to deliver a high voltage electricity interconnector. This will run between the power grids, starting at Robertstown, South Australia and finishing in Wagga Wagga, NSW, with an added connection to Victoria (Red Cliffs). This project is known collectively as EnergyConnect.
The project involves the construction of approximately 900km of high voltage, above-ground transmission line complete with four substations. This will reduce the cost of providing secure and reliable electricity transmission between NSW and South Australia, while facilitating the longer-term transition of the energy sector to low emission energy sources.
The commercial strategy for EnergyConnect is to engage an Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor to deliver the entire project with TransGrid personnel managing the successful contractor.
With construction underway, final completion is planned for December 2023 with contract close out expected mid 2024.
TSA is providing project controls management including the:
- Set up of cost management procedures within the project.
- Evaluation of the tenderers commercial and pricing schedules.
- Monthly forecasting reporting and updating of the schedule.
- Submission of the monthly progress claims to the South Australian Government.
- Drafting a cost management plan.
For more information about the project visit the TransGrid website.