The national headquarters of the Australian Federal Police (AFP) is located at the Edmund Barton Building in Canberra, originally designed by Harry Sidler. A need was realised for the AFP to provide employees with an improved modern and efficient work environment which would meet future needs.
TSA were engaged to provide project management services for the redevelopment of the existing building which included:
- Leading a multi-disciplined team of consultants to develop the fitout design and documentation which overlapped with the commencement of construction works to minimise program
- Managing the procurement of engineering services consultants, fitout contractor and specialist subcontractors, including development of tender documents, evaluation of tenders and the appointment of a managing contractor
- Administration of the head contract including detailed program and cost management
- Monitoring construction progress and compliance with the base building brief
- Chairing regular meetings with stakeholders to minimise the impact of construction on the operational environment
This project included significant challenges; noting the live environment, tight timescales and constraints within the existing heritage listed building meaning stakeholder involvement throughout the project was key to the successful delivery.
seats in the new conference centre
additional car park spaces