20 April 2021
Residential and Development Sectors – How TSA can ‘accommodate’ you!
In late 2020, TSA highlighted the challenges and opportunities of the post COVID-19 era for social and affordable housing through our paper “Socially Distanced – The Gaps in Social Housing”. Although this has an Australian focus, it is highly relevant right here in New Zealand. With housing affordability pressures across the country, it is also particularly evident in Auckland where the population growth is expected to be far greater than the rest of the country.
TSA has significant experience in the provision of project management and advisory services in the Residential and Development sector. We bring extensive experience in low-rise and high-rise apartments and land development projects, as well as remedial and refurbishment works on existing residential buildings across New Zealand and Australia.
With our company mission “to leave a positive legacy in the communities we help create”, our team is passionate about working on projects that help to fulfil this goal.
Some of our recent work includes:
- Development management, Engineer to the Contract and Client Representative services to Kāinga Ora on various projects, we are currently working on delivering the first 50 homes in the Te Hīnaki Development in Glen Innes.
- Feasibility studies and business case preparation for Kāinga Ora’s Roskill neighbourhood.
- Project managing the delivery of Kāinga Ora’s Bay of Plenty Housing Retrofit Programme –interventions included improvement to the thermal performance of the properties and to achieve as close to new build standards through the renewal of significant components, including the upgrade of kitchens and bathrooms, and creations of open plan living areas.
- Project Manager for the new Auckland City Mission HomeGround redevelopment. This is a purpose-built safe space to stand against homelessness and will be a great asset for the Auckland community. As New Zealand’s tallest CLT building, it will provide 80 residential apartments plus medical, detox and social services facilities.
- Leading complex engagement with stakeholders; facilitation of commercial agreements between public and private stakeholders; design management; and procurement strategy through to contract management and completion / delivery of the infrastructure for the Auranga Land Development.
- Project Management from the concept design phase through to completion on The Grounds Apartments in Hobsonville. We have added value to this low-rise development through programme and value optimisation, design management; advisory for procurement strategies and experience of construction using Cross Laminated Timber (CLT).
- Leading cladding and weather tightness remediation work on high-rise and low-rise buildings for a variety of government agencies and private clients.
For further information or a chat about your next development please contact Andrew Ward by email or on 021 919 679
On Wednesday 28 April, we will be hosting a further webinar on Social Housing. Register for SOCIALLY DISTANCED Solving Social Housing – A Conversation to participate.